Monday, June 23, 2008

Settling in

Again, I feel lost for words. Less than a week ago I was sat in England with no visa and no real sign of when I might make it to the United States. But now I write this just an hour away from the start of my first day at work.

This weekend I have stayed in the finest hotel in Spokane, Davenport. I spent the weekend window shopping, watching a movie and talking a walk down riverside. The atmosphere in the American movie theatre was something else, though the film 'Happening' wasn't all that great.


By 5pm Eastern time I was in my new apartment,
I was somewhat surprised too.
I'm not sure whether I will have a room mate or whether the two bedrooms and bathrooms are for me and potential visitors. I've found the local starbucks and the 7-eleven grocery store, which is full of cola, tacos, sweets, jerky, crisps and ready meals. It seems I'm gonna have a job finding good food locally.

So, I'm being picked up for my first day at PAML in 45 minutes. I'll being talking all about it in my next entry..

No comments: