Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new journey

I don't usually find myself working a Saturday, not since the days of being a university finalist anyway. So I guess today comes as an exception but in a funny way it's a delight to me that I'm enjoying my work enough that I have the motivation to progress over a weekend.

The first 6-7 weeks at MML have brought some interesting times and I already have a range of tasks to complete. I've moved away from any development work but I don't consider that bad, more of a refreshing change because the work is still varied and sufficiently challenging.

The last month or so has been quite uninteresting socially, I've just been plodding along - other than a trip to Windsor which was great. I went to an Indian restaurant with great food followed by the theatre production 'fatal encounter'. It was my first theatre experience and spurs me to want to see another one!

The first few weeks in Reading were difficult. I found it tough moving away from everything I knew, working in an environment where were all dependant on electronic communication with few meetings. However, I'm starting to feel more like part of the team now as other consultants come to depend on my work as well as going out more.

Next week is my birthday, looking forward to the festivities.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: