Monday, July 28, 2008

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"

Something Einstein said. I don't think it even matters who said it but why I should reference it. I think because of the journey to where I am now. You know last week somebody said to me - "you seem very mature for your age? your really only 20?". At first it took me back and then I ended up in a very long winded conversation trying to explain why. In my childhood there were some very difficult moments; some may say they weren't all that big but others have lived fairytale/sheltered lives in comparison, to be quite frank.

I'm not going to use the 8 spinal operations and other various distractions as an excuse, but in the middle of this difficult time something told me I really wanted to make something of my life. A lot of ambition had to come out of me. I spent some time sat down with my Dad and we both knew that I had to pull something out of my a*s to perform well in my GCSE exams. That hard work paid off though, and it has ever since. So there is some truth to that quote, that the mentality game me the best opportunity of my life to progress, maturing early was probably a good thing and I don't think I would appreciate the value of life had I not experienced those things.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank everybody who has been there supporting and believing in me when I really needed it. You know you are.

This really is the experience of a lifetime..

xx

No comments: